The season is HERE and it’s off to a roaring start there is a chance of rain ALL WEEK…..Check arbiter 2 – 3 times a day for changes DO NOT DEPEND on the Commissioners calling if your game changes.
Please contact the school to verify game, time,date, and location (DON’T FORGET TO ASK ABOUT ANY COVID REQUIREMENTS BY THEIR SCHOOL)
Contact partner to discuss meeting time, location, dress etc….
Ensure as a representative of RCUA that you are following FHSAA -Contest Specific Considerations regarding COVID 19 Restrictions and Limitations.
Considerations for Umpires:
- Bring personal hand sanitizer. Wash hands frequently
- Do not share equipment.
- Umpires should not handle equipment on the field during play.
- Contact with the game balls should be limited.
- Masks/cloth face coverings and disposable gloves will be permitted.
- Line ups should be handed to the umpire, the umpire will verbally approve or ask any questions. Line up exchange with opposing coach and scorekeeper should be done electronically via text or photo.
- The verbal exchange of substitutions should occur 6’ from the coach to the scorer and opposing team when making lineup changes.
- Keep catcher and batter at a 6’ distance when dusting off the plate.
- Base umpires should maintain 6’ from any player as a starting position when rotated and/or counter rotated.
- The umpire-in-chief should wear a face mask behind the plate.
- Clean equipment after each game.
- Follow social distancing guidelines. Consider six feet minimum distance when talking to others (players, coaches, other umpires) at plate meetings.
- Do not shake hands and follow pre and post-game ceremony guidelines established by state associations.
- Evaluate pre-existing health conditions.